High-Throughput Satellites (HTS) open unprecedented opportunities for networking over satellite. UHP-100 is a high-performance router designed specifically for large-scale deployment in broadband VSAT networks operating over HTS. This product combines the Universal Hardware Platform (UHP) architecture, which was developed in the previous generation of the award-winning UHP product line, with the state-of-the-art semiconductor technology. The result is its unique performance. Not only UHP-100 can process 150 000 IP packets per second, 220 Mbps of traffic and two carriers up to 500 Msps, it can do this in a super-compact size, with low power consumption (less than 8W) and with best utilization of the precious satellite resource, as evidenced by up to 256APSK modulation, 5% spectral roll-off, adaptive modulation and coding, adaptive power control and 96% efficient TDMA protocol.
- High-performance TDM/TDMA Satellite Router with aggregate throughput up to 220 Mbps
- Two independent DVB demodulators with separate IF inputs and rate up to 65 Msps
- Efficient DVB-S2/S2X ACM modulations with 5% or 20% roll-off and support for HTS
- MF-TDMA modulator with innovative protocol and proven efficiency of 96% compared to SCPC
- Adaptive coding and modulation and transmission power control in forward and return channels
- Dual satellite or dual band operations with dynamic traffic balancing and automatic beam switching
- Superior IP router productivity up to 150 000 PPS, rich set of supported protocols
- Layer 3 routing architecture and Layer 2 bridging mode with IPv6 transport
- Support of VLAN, multilevel QoS, RT traffic, TCP acceleration, AES encryption
- Built-in adaptive hierarchic traffic shaper specially designed for VSAT applications
- Two Ethernet user ports with built-in switch simplifies connection of CPE and maintenance
- Ultra-low latency VSAT system with round-trip delay about 570 ms for TDMA mode of operations
- Low power consumption – less than 8 Watt (without RF ODU)
UHP-100 is equipped with two high-speed demodulators together with their independent IF inputs and front ends. The router can simultaneously receive two carriers transmitted via two different satellite beams, which can even be in different frequency bands. The dual demodulator in conjunction with a built-in advanced beam switching algorithm facilitates seamless roaming of mobile satellite terminals between distinct beams of HTS satellites.
The main application for UHP-100 is broadband, SCADA and multimedia connectivity in large VSAT networks using HTS. The terminal interworks with the latest generation of scalable UHP TDM/TDMA Hubs. Small size, low power consumption and low count of active electronic components ensure highest reliability with over 200 000 hours MTBF.
UHP Dual Gateway provides optimum solution for hierarchical networks and makes it possible to design such networks with single-hop connectivity using low-cost VSAT terminals and affordable Regional Gateways. The Central Gateway has a UHP TDM/TDMA Hub with at least one DVB carrier (TDM) and several TDMA return carriers. The Regional Gateway also transmits a DVB carrier and is capable of receiving one or more TDMA carriers.