- High throughput from 250 kbps and up to 210 Mbps
- DVB-S2 modulations: QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK
- Roll-off 5% or 20%
- Adaptive modulation and coding for both directions
- Automatic interactive transmission level control
- L2 Bridge and advanced IP router with traffic acceleration
- IP router throughput up to 300’000 pps
- Adaptive hierarchic traffic shaper and traffic policy manager
- Fast network startup: ready for use in a minute upon power-up
- Compact size, low power consumption and optional redundancy
- HW models: compact, integrated, rack-mountable and outdoor
- Compatible with majority of C, Ku and Ka-band RF Systems
- Compatibility with different mobile antennas, OpenAMIP support
- Easy to install and reliable operations with MTBF >200’000h
UHP is a universal, high-throughput IP satellite modem that can be used to deploy point-to-point, simplex or duplex SCPC (Single Channel Per Carrier) channels or point-to-multipoint MCPC (Multiple Channel Per Carrier) networks.
UHP modem uses advanced modulation and coding DVB-S2 technologies, providing high bandwidth efficiency. Adaptive Modulation and Coding (ACM) feature ensures the maximum throughput of SCPC channel by utilizing the most efficient coding and modulation scheme depending on weather conditions at the receiving side. Interactive, two-way SCPC ACM technology optimizes the link performance and allows saving up to 30% of satellite capacity.
Automatic transmission level control (TLC) adjusts local transmission level based on information about reception quality at the remote site. The TLC feature may work with ACM simultaneously to compensate increased propagation loss due to weather conditions and to ensure superior reliability of the communication channel.
UHP modem can operate in a “transparent” L2 Bridge mode or serve as an advanced, high-performance IP router (up to 60‘000 pps). The IP router supports a wide range of protocols, VLAN, TCP acceleration, VoIP headers compression, bandwidth management, etc.
Pair of standard UHP modems may work in 1:1 automatic redundancy mode and required no external redundancy controller.
Both local and remote UHP modems can be managed with the help of user-friendly web-interface, via SNMP protocol or by specialized UHP Network Management System. UHP modem can provide digital and analog signals representing current quality of signal that can be used by various antenna controllers to track a satellite.
UHP is a universal hardware platform with software definable functionality that can be changed remotely and without any need in hardware replacement. Along with SCPC, UHP modem can operate in SCPC-DAMA, TDM/TDMA or Hubless TDMA modes.