- Various topologies: ‘hub and spoke’, ‘multilevel tree’, ‘full mesh’
- Innovative TDMA protocol with efficiency of 96% vs SCPC
- Various modulations BPSK/QPSK/8PSK and LDPC coding
- High-throughput TDMA channels – up to 20 Mbps
- Ultra-low latency VSAT system with round-trip delay 570 ms
- VLAN, multi-level QoS, RT traffic handling, TCPA
- Fast network startup: ready in a minute upon power-up
- Minimal BW of just 120 kHz can be shared by 2000 stations
- Automatic transmission level control and ACM
- Various model: compact, integrated, rack-mountable and outdoor
- Compatible with majority of C, Ku and Ka-band RF systems
UHP Hubless TDMA is a versatile VSAT network, operating without a central Hub. It can support any network topology (star or mesh) and is a good fit for many applications. Every Hubless TDMA station has similar architecture and may communicate with the others over a single-hop satellite link, while one station is designated as master and is responsible for maintaining the timing and allocating bandwidth.
The smallest size Hubless TDMA network consists of only two stations which communicate via a common TDMA carrier. This carrier is shared between the stations in a fully flexibly fashion. In a given time frame, the whole carrier may even be assigned to the traffic flowing in just one direction.
Affordability of the equipment combined with highly-efficient utilization of satellite capacity ensures the best total cost of network ownership. Hubless TDMA is also a good choice rational solution for replacement of obsolete SCPC channels; this can significantly boost the total traffic in the system, due to statistical multiplexing of user traffic with sophisticated QoS policies.
Owing to software-definable architecture of the UHP platform, Hubless TDMA technology can be a good entry solution for a private VSAT network, eliminating the need for expensive central infrastructure at an early stage of network rollout. At any time Hubless TDMA network can be remotely switched to TDM/TDMA mode without replacing any hardware or even visiting the sites.